Writing a message in your bridal shower card seems so simple, but once you sit down to it, it becomes a bit more complicated. Whether she’s a close friend or a co-worker, you want to make sure your message is one of love, kindness, and excitement for her big day.
So you’ve bought and wrapped your gift (that was the easy part), and now, with pen in hand and the bridal shower card laid out you’re ready to write a sweet note to the future bride. But where do you start? It’s not as complicated as it seems. Just follow our guide and you’ll be well on your way to writing bridal shower messages and wishes that the bride-to-be will cherish for many years to come.
Keep reading to find out exactly how and what to write in a bridal shower card.
Bridal Shower Cards for the Bride-to-be
First let’s talk about the actual card. What kind of card is fitting for the future bride? Think about your relationship to her, her personality, and her wedding theme/colors. Would she appreciate something trendy or classic? Funny or heartwarming? DIY or store-bought?
If you’re a crafty person and enjoy creating more personal items, browse your local craft store for card-making materials and fun bits and pieces to decorate the card with. You can also do a search online for bridal shower card DIY tutorials to get more specific tips.
If you’ve poked through the shops and aren’t finding that perfect card, look to places like Etsy for cute handmade cards like the ones below.
By Sugar Notes
By PicMat Cards
Bridal Shower Card Message Format
Here’s where you get the inside scoop on what and where the messages inside a bridal shower card belong. Keep in mind your relationship to the bride-to-be, as it will guide you in what to write.
The general format for a bridal shower card is:
1. Congratulations - The opening should include your congratulations to the future bride. Let her know how excited and happy you are for her. You might even let her know how much you look forward to seeing her and her partner walk down the aisle.
2. Compliment - The bridal shower is all about “showering” the bride with love, so feel free to make the bride feel extra special with compliments and praise. Tell her how beautiful she’ll look, how lucky her partner is to have her, how amazing her dress choice is, etc. Don’t go too over the top though, as your gushing praise might come off as superficial and fake.
3. Personal Message - In this section, write a heartfelt message that reflects your relationship with the bride. If she is a family member or close friend, write about a special memory you both share. No matter how close you are to her, you can write a personal message that lets her know how much you care about her and this new adventure she’s embarking on.
4. Encouragement and Well Wishes - Everyone appreciates encouragement and a wish or two during stressful times. The bride-to-be has probably been under wedding planning stress, so send her a wish and let her know it’s all worth it. You’ll find examples of bridal shower card wishes below.
5. Inspiration - The card should end with a piece of advice and/or a quote that relates to love and marriage.
Bridal Shower Card Message Example
Congratulations, sweet sister/cousin/bestie/fill in relationship or use her name! The big day is almost here and I am so excited to be part of your beautiful journey.
I just know you will look stunning walking down the aisle in that gorgeous gown, and (groom’s name) will know he is the luckiest man on earth when he sets eyes on you.
I remember the day you called me and gushed about (groom’s name). From that moment on I knew you would steal each other’s hearts. And now here you are getting ready to say “I do,” and start a new adventure together.
I wish you both loads of love, happiness, and years of wedded bliss.
Audrey Hepburn once said, “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” Stay true to yourselves and to one another, and thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.
Bridal Shower Card Congratulations and Compliments
Not sure exactly what to write after “Congratulations!”? Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Congratulations to my beautiful daughter/best friend/sweet sister/etc. I could not be happier or more proud of you.
- Congratulations on finding a wonderful person to share your life with. It brings me comfort to know that you two have everything you need, because you have each other.
- Congratulations, soon-to-be-Mrs.! I can’t wait to see you start this next chapter in your life with an incredible guy.
- Congratulations, beautiful bride! I can’t wait to see you strut your stuff in that white dress.
- I’m so happy for you! Relax, have fun, and enjoy your special day!
- Congratulations on finding your happily ever after!
- Congratulations to the happy couple! You are proof that soulmates and true love exist.
- Congratulations to my dear friend. You are one of my favorite people in the world, and it brings me such joy to see you happy.
Bridal Shower Card Wishes
Now that you have an idea of how the note is laid out and how to congratulate the bride-to-be, you can get creative and use your own wording or mix and match the well wishes of others. Here are some wishes you can substitute for the above example or use them as inspiration to write your own.
- Marriage is full of ups and downs. Continue to celebrate and cherish the ups, and support and care for each other through the downs.
- Marriage is a journey. Enjoy the ride, and know that any bumps in the road will pass. We will be here for you every step of the way.
- Kiss every day, laugh often, and never stop being friends. You two were made for each other.
- Here’s to your special day—and every day after with your new husband. Wishing you all the best in marriage and in life.
- May you grow together and always find new ways to love and support each other.
- May you always stay truly, madly, crazy in love. Best wishes to you!
- May laughter and love be the soundtrack of your marriage.
- Wishing you the wedding day and marriage of your dreams.
- As your wedding day goes by, your true adventure/journey begins. So with each day, I wish that you'll grow even closer and trust one another to make the right decision for the future.